High marks from Pro Football Focus for the Seattle Seahawks in their win over the Steelers Sunday, notably QB Russell Wilson, WR Doug Baldwin, CB Richard Sherman and others.
The official grade report from Pro Football Focus on the Seattle Seahawks’ win over the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday gives high marks to right tackle Garry Gilliam, quarterback Russell Wilson, receiver Doug Baldwin and cornerback Richard Sherman.
Here are a few more notes from PFF:
- Wilson completed 10 of 11 passes traveling more than ten yards in the air for 260 yards (and all five of his TDs).
- Baldwin caught six of his eight targets but did have his first two drops of the year. He victimized Will Allen catching all three targets on him (two of which were TDs).
- Relatively quiet game for Thomas Rawls—he had six missed tackles forced and averaged 2.38 yards after contact/attempt.
- Garry Gilliam had his best game of the year grading at +5.3. With MNF to go, he’s the second-best RT in Week 12.
- Targets: Baldwin 8, Jimmy Graham 6, Jermaine Kearse 5, Tyler Lockett 3
- Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril both had their worst games of the year, combining for a -5.8 grade. They “only” generated five QB hurries and one sack.
- Bright spot on the DL was the starting interior duo of Brandon Mebane and Ahtyba Rubin who led the front-7. Both have two good pass rushing games in the past three games.
- Sherman had another solid week…in the last two weeks he’s the fifth-best CB. His 14.9 QB rating allowed is second-best over the same span with only five receptions allowed on 14 targets. He shut down Antonio Brown who only had three receptions on nine targets when covered by Sherman.
- DeShawn Shead didn’t grade out well but he did a decent job on Bryant, allowing five catches on 11 targets for only 69 yards. All three of Shead’s passes defensed where when covering Bryant.
- Markus Wheaton went off for 201 yards but nearly half of that he got on Bobby Wagner, catching all four targets when he was the primary coverage man. It’s worth a mention because it’s easy pickings with a fast WR vs a LB.
- Defensive stops: K.J. Wright 4, Bruce Irvin & Wagner 2
- QB hurries: Irvin/Bennett/Mebane/Rubin/Hill 3, Avril 2
- Coverage targets: Shead 14, Wagner 11, Sherman 10, Lane 7, Wright 5
Most Read Sports Stories
- 'You mean the nicest guy in camp': Evan White is the future at first base for the Mariners
- Bobby Wagner remains a constant at linebacker for Seahawks but there could be a lot of change elsewhere | 2019 position analysis
- For the Pac-12, the road to the NCAA tournament goes through Washington
- Co-defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake staying at Washington, with a smile on his face | Matt Calkins
- Healthy and happy, Dee Gordon looks for a bounceback for the Mariners
- Thru 11 weeks, Wilson’s average time to throw was 3.08 seconds. Yesterday he got rid of the ball in 2.32 seconds. Of his 33 dropbacks, 25 resulted in a throw that took less than 2.5 seconds, resulting in a league leading 150.5 QB rating on those subsequent throws.
- Even though he did have two drops, Baldwin still has only a 3.85 drop rate. His 4.38 YPRR this week ranks second among WRs this week. His 5.18 YPRR from the slot is tops (and includes all three of his TDs).
- Jeremy Lane had a 3.88 yards/coverage snap allowed from the slot which is second-worst this week. Very understandable with such a long layoff and against a high-powered offense. Burley allowed 1.22 yards/coverage snap on 18 slot coverage snaps.
- Up until their bye, the Seahawks OL had a 71.5 pass block efficiency rating and ranked last in the league. After the bye, that’s ticked up slightly to 73.8, good for 24th.
|Russell Okung *||64||Bobby Wagner *||81|
|Justin Britt *||64||DeShawn Shead *||81|
|Patrick Lewis *||64||Kam Chancellor *||81|
|J.R. Sweezy *||64||Earl Thomas *||81|
|Garry Gilliam *||64||Richard Sherman *||81|
|Russell Wilson *||64||K.J. Wright *||81|
|Jermaine Kearse *||55||Michael Bennett *||71|
|Doug Baldwin *||55||Cliff Avril *||65|
|Tyler Lockett *||50||Jordan Hill||56|
|Thomas Rawls *||41||Jeremy Lane||35|
|Jimmy Graham *||38||Bruce Irvin||34|
|Luke Willson||26||Brandon Mebane *||33|
|Kevin Smith||19||Marcus Burley||30|
|Fred Jackson||19||Ahtyba Rubin *||25|
|Cooper Helfet||5||Frank Clark||23|
|Derrick Coleman||5||Michael Morgan *||16|
|Will Tukuafu||4||Cassius Marsh||10|
|B.J. Daniels||3||Demarcus Dobbs||7|