The Seahawks on Sunday waived safety Jordan Simone, a graduate of Skyline High, and signed free agent offensive lineman Darrell Brown.
The Seahawks on Sunday waived rookie safety Jordan Simone and signed offensive lineman Darrell Brown to take his place on the 90-man roster.
Simone, a graduate of Skyline High, was signed by the Seahawks in May after taking part as a tryout in the team’s rookie mini-camp.
The Seahawks suddenly have some depth issues at tackle with right tackle Germain Ifedi having missed the last three practices after being punched by Frank Clark, and backup Robert Myers also having been limited the past couple days.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
Simone had been playing strong safety working behind Kam Chancellor, Delano Hill and Bradley McDougald (McDougald has worked as a backup at both safety spots).
Brown had a rookie mini-camp stint with the Jets.
The signing of Brown gives the Seahawks 13 offensive linemen on their roster who are active with another, rookie tackle Justin Senior, on the Physically Unable to Perform list.