The Seahawks signed five players on Saturday while waiving five as injured, including tight end Cooper Helfet.
The Seahawks on Saturday waived as injured five players while signing five others to take their place on the 90-man roster.
Waived as injured were: TE Brandon Cottom, TE Cooper Helfet, TE Ronnie Shields, RB Tre Madden and DE David Perkins.
Cottom, projected to be the team’s starting fullback, and Shields each suffered Achilles injuries in practice on Thursday. Helfet has been out since the first day of camp with a broken bone in his foot while Madden recently suffered a shoulder injury.
All will revert to the Seahawks’ Injured Reserve list if they pass through waivers.
Most Read Sports Stories
- UW coaching legend Jim Lambright’s brain donation pays dividends years after his death
- Washington gets first win vs. Texas but can't get the second one needed to advance from softball regional
- Analysis: What we've learned from the Mariners' bad start to the season
- Washington softball stays alive with win over Lehigh, but loss to Texas means they have to beat Longhorns twice Sunday
- Analysis: Five things to watch as the Seahawks begin OTAs
The Seahawks signed: RB Jonathan Amosa (Washington), LB Kache Palacio (Washington State), RB Troymaine Pope (Jackson State), WR Uzoma Nwachukwu (Texas A&M) and TE Joe Sommers (Wisconsin-Oshkosh).
Amosa is also from Rainier Beach and will now have a chance to compete for the fullback job with another former Husky Tani Tupou.