The Seahawks signed five players on Saturday while waiving five as injured, including tight end Cooper Helfet.
The Seahawks on Saturday waived as injured five players while signing five others to take their place on the 90-man roster.
Waived as injured were: TE Brandon Cottom, TE Cooper Helfet, TE Ronnie Shields, RB Tre Madden and DE David Perkins.
Cottom, projected to be the team’s starting fullback, and Shields each suffered Achilles injuries in practice on Thursday. Helfet has been out since the first day of camp with a broken bone in his foot while Madden recently suffered a shoulder injury.
All will revert to the Seahawks’ Injured Reserve list if they pass through waivers.
Most Read Sports Stories
- He's 'completely different.' But will Puka Nacua be a difference-maker in his freshman season at UW?
- Bad with a purpose: Are the 'step-back' Mariners among the worst teams in franchise history? | Larry Stone
- Storm removes Breanna Stewart from roster, WNBA hires her as ambassador in unprecedented move
- What the contracts of Al Woods and Geno Smith say about their potential roles for the Seahawks in 2019
- Analysis: While UW basketball stocks up on top-tier talent, Oregon can't catch a break | Jon Wilner
The Seahawks signed: RB Jonathan Amosa (Washington), LB Kache Palacio (Washington State), RB Troymaine Pope (Jackson State), WR Uzoma Nwachukwu (Texas A&M) and TE Joe Sommers (Wisconsin-Oshkosh).
Amosa is also from Rainier Beach and will now have a chance to compete for the fullback job with another former Husky Tani Tupou.