The Seahawks signed five players on Saturday while waiving five as injured, including tight end Cooper Helfet.
The Seahawks on Saturday waived as injured five players while signing five others to take their place on the 90-man roster.
Waived as injured were: TE Brandon Cottom, TE Cooper Helfet, TE Ronnie Shields, RB Tre Madden and DE David Perkins.
Cottom, projected to be the team’s starting fullback, and Shields each suffered Achilles injuries in practice on Thursday. Helfet has been out since the first day of camp with a broken bone in his foot while Madden recently suffered a shoulder injury.
All will revert to the Seahawks’ Injured Reserve list if they pass through waivers.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Fallout may just be beginning after Blackhawks report's findings related to sexual-assault claims
- 'They'll fight for him': After firing of coach Nick Rolovich, WSU players rally around QB Jayden de Laura
- Brandon Tanev scores two goals as Kraken earns its first victory at Climate Pledge Arena
- Sporting KC keeper suspended for take down of Sounders midfielder Cristian Roldan
- NHL's new national TV deal didn't do Kraken fans at home any favors in team's Seattle debut
The Seahawks signed: RB Jonathan Amosa (Washington), LB Kache Palacio (Washington State), RB Troymaine Pope (Jackson State), WR Uzoma Nwachukwu (Texas A&M) and TE Joe Sommers (Wisconsin-Oshkosh).
Amosa is also from Rainier Beach and will now have a chance to compete for the fullback job with another former Husky Tani Tupou.