The Seahawks signed five players on Saturday while waiving five as injured, including tight end Cooper Helfet.
The Seahawks on Saturday waived as injured five players while signing five others to take their place on the 90-man roster.
Waived as injured were: TE Brandon Cottom, TE Cooper Helfet, TE Ronnie Shields, RB Tre Madden and DE David Perkins.
Cottom, projected to be the team’s starting fullback, and Shields each suffered Achilles injuries in practice on Thursday. Helfet has been out since the first day of camp with a broken bone in his foot while Madden recently suffered a shoulder injury.
All will revert to the Seahawks’ Injured Reserve list if they pass through waivers.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sounders part ways with broadcaster and former coach Alan Hinton over tweet
- The 'Sodfather,' Bob Christofferson, ends career as Mariners' head groundskeeper in bittersweet fashion
- Here's what Seattle sports teams are allowed to do under Washington state's new coronavirus guidelines
- Mariners broadcaster Dave Sims on George Floyd, protests: I am them, and they are me | Guest commentary
- NFL says it was wrong in handling of protests over racial injustice, encourages players to do so peacefully
The Seahawks signed: RB Jonathan Amosa (Washington), LB Kache Palacio (Washington State), RB Troymaine Pope (Jackson State), WR Uzoma Nwachukwu (Texas A&M) and TE Joe Sommers (Wisconsin-Oshkosh).
Amosa is also from Rainier Beach and will now have a chance to compete for the fullback job with another former Husky Tani Tupou.