The Seahawks are currently as much as a two-point underdog against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday in Glendale, and if the line doesn't change it will be the first time this season Seattle won't be a favorite.
With the next NFL week now getting into full swing, the Arizona Cardinals are settling in as a favorite in Las Vegas for Sunday’s game against the Seahawks in Glendale.
VegasInsider.com shows the Seahawks as either a 1.5- or 2-point underdog against Arizona at the major sports books, a line that had been off the board at some places on Tuesday due to uncertainty over the status of Arizona QB Carson Palmer, who left late in Monday night’s game with what was said to be a hamstring injury.
But Palmer has since said he was just cramping and Arizona coach Bruce Arians said in a conference call with Seattle reporters Wednesday morning of Palmer that “he’ll be fine.”
So that figures to mean the line could stay where it is, leaving Seattle in the role of underdog for the first time this year,
Most Read Sports Stories
- Trash Talk: WSU coach Nick Rolovich asked if Husky Stadium was built on 'an old garbage dump.' Here's the answer.
- Seahawks GM John Schneider's decisions are paying off in a big way once again
- Will Seahawks run even more with Chris Carson back? Maybe, but Eagles numbers suggest passing may make more sense
- UW Huskies coach Jimmy Lake on preparing for Utah on short notice and whether the Apple Cup can still be played
- After Apple Cup canceled, UW Huskies will host Utah on Saturday night
Seattle has been at least a 5.5-point favorite in four of five games this season and was a pick ’em for the road game against the New York Jets.
It’s the first time Seattle has been an underdog in a regular season game since the last time it played at Arizona, the regular-season finale last season when the Cardinals were listed as 6.5-point favorites against a Seattle team that was coming off a home loss against Seattle.
But it was the Seahawks who looked like the favorite in that game, blowing out Arizona 36-6.
Seattle is 2-3 against the spread this season and has begun to level off a bit the last two years after being one of the best teams against the spread from 2012-14. In those three seasons Seattle was a combined 32-16 against the spread. But the Seahawks fell to 8-7-1 last year against the spread.