Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson purchased a $6.7 million waterfront mansion along Lake Washington a month after signing his $87.6 million contract, TMZ reported Wednesday.
Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has purchased a $6.7 million waterfront mansion on Lake Washington in Bellevue, according to a report Wednesday by TMZ.
Property records indicate the home was sold Aug. 31 to Duchess Investments LLC, a company registered in Washington on Feb. 5, four days after the Seahawks’ loss to the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl. Excise taxes of $119,000 were added to the sale price, putting the total cost at over $6.8 million.
Wilson’s name does not appear on the records, but a source told The Seattle Times the week after the Super Bowl that the Seahawks quarterback had formed a company to buy a home once his new contract was finalized.
Wilson, 26, signed a four-year, $87.6 million contract July 31. The day the deal was announced, Wilson said he planned to buy a home in the Seattle area.
Most Read Sports Stories
- It's Washington: Top-5 recruit Isaiah Stewart picks Huskies over Duke, Michigan State, Kentucky
- Tosh Lupoi's departure from Alabama could be Pac-12's biggest recruiting coup of the year
- Edgar Martinez is on the verge of the Hall of Fame. Meet the fans who've been with him from the start. | Larry Stone
- Mariners acquire Reds infield prospect Shed Long as part of three-team trade with Yankees
- Jake Browning gets start, throws two interceptions during NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
The two-story, 10,700-square-foot home has seven bedrooms, 6.75 bathrooms and sits on two-thirds of an acre of property with views of Lake Washington, downtown Seattle and nearby mountain ranges. It comes with five fireplaces, a wine cellar, skylights and a walk-in pantry.
The home, which was built in 2008, has annual property taxes of more than $66,000.