Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson purchased a $6.7 million waterfront mansion along Lake Washington a month after signing his $87.6 million contract, TMZ reported Wednesday.
Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson has purchased a $6.7 million waterfront mansion on Lake Washington in Bellevue, according to a report Wednesday by TMZ.
Property records indicate the home was sold Aug. 31 to Duchess Investments LLC, a company registered in Washington on Feb. 5, four days after the Seahawks’ loss to the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl. Excise taxes of $119,000 were added to the sale price, putting the total cost at over $6.8 million.
Wilson’s name does not appear on the records, but a source told The Seattle Times the week after the Super Bowl that the Seahawks quarterback had formed a company to buy a home once his new contract was finalized.
Wilson, 26, signed a four-year, $87.6 million contract July 31. The day the deal was announced, Wilson said he planned to buy a home in the Seattle area.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Sonic Spencer Haywood calls his portrayal in HBO's 'Winning Time' a 'blessing'
- Julio Rodriguez shows he's adjusting to life in majors with first four-hit day for Mariners
- Here's why Jarred Kelenic is the biggest conundrum in the Mariners' rebuilding plan
- Mariners beat Mets in finale, earn first road series win of season
- Nouhou has had a breakout year on the world stage, and the Sounders may not be able to keep him for long
The two-story, 10,700-square-foot home has seven bedrooms, 6.75 bathrooms and sits on two-thirds of an acre of property with views of Lake Washington, downtown Seattle and nearby mountain ranges. It comes with five fireplaces, a wine cellar, skylights and a walk-in pantry.
The home, which was built in 2008, has annual property taxes of more than $66,000.