Seahawks punter Jon Ryan deleted his Twitter account after a testy exchange with a fan concerning the shooting in Orlando.
Punter Jon Ryan has long been one of the most active Seahawks players on social media.
But Ryan has deleted his Twitter and Instagram accounts following a contentious exchange with a fan concerning Sunday’s mass shooting in Orlando.
A follower asked on Instagram, “Where in the bible does it say it’s ok to be homo sexual? (sic).” Ryan responded: “Please unfollow me. You’re a terrible human being … please stop cheering for the Seahawks. We don’t want piece of (expletive) fans like you. Thanks.”
Ryan, though, then deleted his Twitter account, which had recently been cited by one ESPN writer as the best follow among Seahawks players.
Most Read Sports Stories
- The Seahawks haven't reached a crisis point (yet) but their problems can't be ignored
- The Seahawks have vanished in the second halves of the past two games. How much of that is about coaching?
- Morgan Geekie makes sure first-ever Kraken game is a victory as it beats the Canucks in Spokane
- Four Downs with Bob Condotta and Adam Jude: Answering four Seahawks questions after their lackluster loss in Minnesota
- Seahawks WR Tyler Lockett avoids serious injury after 'awkward' tackle in Week 3
“As I watch @JonRyan9 delete his Twitter & Instagram ‘because people are defending a terrorist, a murderer,'” she wrote, “how can I argue.”