Seahawks punter Jon Ryan deleted his Twitter account after a testy exchange with a fan concerning the shooting in Orlando.
Punter Jon Ryan has long been one of the most active Seahawks players on social media.
But Ryan has deleted his Twitter and Instagram accounts following a contentious exchange with a fan concerning Sunday’s mass shooting in Orlando.
A follower asked on Instagram, “Where in the bible does it say it’s ok to be homo sexual? (sic).” Ryan responded: “Please unfollow me. You’re a terrible human being … please stop cheering for the Seahawks. We don’t want piece of (expletive) fans like you. Thanks.”
Ryan, though, then deleted his Twitter account, which had recently been cited by one ESPN writer as the best follow among Seahawks players.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Despite more reports of Russell Wilson's unhappiness with Seahawks, a trade in 2021 still seems unlikely
- Two months after winning the NFC West, the Russell Wilson-Seahawks rift is widening. Who's to blame?
- The Seahawks probably aren't trading Russell Wilson, but here's a look at his reported list of teams
- Olympics gymnastics coach kills himself after being charged
- It's mock draft season. Here's who the Seahawks could take with their first pick.
“As I watch @JonRyan9 delete his Twitter & Instagram ‘because people are defending a terrorist, a murderer,'” she wrote, “how can I argue.”