Thomas Rawls and C.J. Prosise are inactive for the Seahawks Sunday night against Indianapolis.
Thomas Rawls is among Seattle’s seven inactive players for Sunday night’s game against Indianapolis. Rawls is healthy but the Seahawks are going with just three tailbacks — Chris Carson, Eddie Lacy and J.D. McKissic — as they pare their roster from 53 to the gameday limit of 46.
Lacy was inactive in week two against the 49ers but both Rawls and Lacy were active last week at Tennessee but with only Rawls playing — and getting just a snap.
Seattle’s other inactives for Sunday’s game are RB C.J. Prosise, CB Neiko Thorpe, safety Tedric Thompson and offensive linemen Mark Glowinski, Jordan Roos and Isaiah Battle.
Among the active players is receiver Doug Baldwin, who was listed as questionable with a groin injury but said on Friday he planned to play.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Where things stand with the Seahawks' defensive coordinator opening as NFL teams make hires
- Mariners position overview: Could Seattle have something special brewing with its starting pitching?
- Seahawks position review: RB Rashaad Penny's late-season emergence may make re-signing him that much more difficult
- Born with a club foot, Edmonds ice dancer Jean-Luc Baker defied the odds and is ready for his first Olympics
Of Seattle’s inactives only Prosise (ankle) and Thorpe (ankle) are due to injury. The rest are healthy scratches.
Glowinski began the year as Seattle’s starting right guard. But he’s inactive for the second straight week with Oday Aboushi taking over as the starter at right guard.
Rawls said Wednesday that his health was not an issue after having missed much of the preseason with a high ankle sprain that also had him sidelined for the regular season opener.
“I’m fine,” he said. “I’m just waiting on my opportunities. I know the offense and we heading in the right direction. Even after the loss I know we heading in the right direction because of everybody’s mindset coming back this week’s practices. At the end of the day, I know my role on this team and gonna contribute as much as I can.”