Seahawks added the 2012 NFL Executive of the Year to its front office.
The Seahawks have hired former Colts general manager Ryan Grigson as a consultant, a league source confirmed.
Grigson’s agent, Buddy Baker, who is also the agent for Seahawk players Doug Baldwin and Shaquill and Shaquem Griffin, among others, revealed the news in a tweet Wednesday morning.
Grigson was the NFL’s Executive of the Year as GM of the Colts in 2012 when Indianapolis selected Andrew Luck with the first overall pick and improved from 2-14 to 11-5.
But an inability to build a better team around Luck helped result in Grigson’s firing following the 2016 season. He spent last year in an advisory role with the Browns.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks GameCenter: Live updates, highlights from win in London over Oakland Raiders
- 'It felt like we were at CenturyLink': Seahawks feel right at home in London laugher over Raiders WATCH
- There go UW's College Football Playoff chances. Now, the Huskies are fighting for their Pac-12 lives. | Larry Stone
- What we learned from the UW Huskies' overtime loss at Oregon
- Oregon vaults UW and WSU enters AP top 25, setting up ranked College GameDay showdown in Pullman