Michael Bennett will host a benefit next Saturday in honor of Charleena Lyles, who was killed by Seattle police last month.
Seahawks defensive lineman Michael Bennett and his wife Pele will join the family of Charleena Lyles to host a rally and benefit for the late mother and her kids at Judkins Park on July 29 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., according to an event posted to Facebook.
Charleena Lyles shooting
- Charleena Lyles loved her children, dancing and Fourth of July, says brother of woman killed by Seattle police
- Seattle police officers had no viable alternatives when they fatally shot Charleena Lyles, review board finds
- Lyles’ alleged threat to kill boy wasn’t reported to police
- Civil lawsuit filed against Seattle police officers who fatally shot Charleena Lyles
- Family of Charleena Lyles begins legal action against city of Seattle
- Charleena Lyles had long turned to Seattle police for help before fatal confrontation
- Victim advocate: Charleena Lyles faced boyfriend’s escalating violence
- Seattle mother of 4 shot by police was getting mental-health help, records show
- ‘Get back! Get back!’: Seattle police release audio of fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles
- Seattle officer who shot Charleena Lyles under investigation for leaving Taser in locker
- Police transcript of fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles: ‘I don’t have a taser’
- Fatal shooting of black woman by white officers met with widespread outrage
- Seven years on, and Seattle still doesn't have police body cameras | Danny Westneat
The event notice says it is sponsored by The King County NAACP and the nonprofit Not This Time. It notes that “the family of Charleena Lyles, Giovonn McDade and other family members of lost loved ones will be in attendance.”
Lyles, 30 and a mother of four children, was killed in her Northeast Seattle apartment on June 18. Lyles was shot after she had called Seattle Police Department for help.
The event notice says speakers are still to be announced.
When: July 29, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Where: Judkins Park (2150 S Norman St, Seattle, WA 98144)