Bio of Seahawks' first round pick James Carpenter
Pos: OT | Ht.: 6-4 | Wt.: 321 | School: Alabama
He started all 27 games at left tackle in his two years at the school, stepping in to replace Andre Smith, a first-round draft choice in 2009. He signed to play at Iowa State coming out of high school in Georgia, but did not qualify academically, enrolling instead at Coffeyville Community College in Kansas. He transferred to Alabama and stepped in immediately as a starter on a Crimson Tide team that won the national championship in a year that running back Mark Ingram won the Heisman Trophy.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- Bench coach Manny Acta defends Scott Servais, Mariners after allegations of racism by Lorena Martin | Larry Stone
- Pac-12 Bowl Projections: Signs still point to Huskies in Rose Bowl
- What's unique about Seahawks QB Russell Wilson's preparation? It starts with his weekly print-outs.
- Introducing, the top 5 Thursday Night Football moments in the Pete Carroll era of Seahawks history