Bio of Seahawks' first round pick James Carpenter
Pos: OT | Ht.: 6-4 | Wt.: 321 | School: Alabama
He started all 27 games at left tackle in his two years at the school, stepping in to replace Andre Smith, a first-round draft choice in 2009. He signed to play at Iowa State coming out of high school in Georgia, but did not qualify academically, enrolling instead at Coffeyville Community College in Kansas. He transferred to Alabama and stepped in immediately as a starter on a Crimson Tide team that won the national championship in a year that running back Mark Ingram won the Heisman Trophy.
Most Read Stories
- Snohomish County man has the United States’ first known case of Wuhan coronavirus
- 5 of the Seattle area's most changed neighborhoods: We crunched the data on population, income, jobs
- 'We were before our time': Remembering the fight to change King County's namesake from a slave owner to a civil-rights leader VIEW
- Did the Seahawks make a mistake by letting Richard Sherman go?
- How white families with young children can work to undo racism