Bio of Seahawks' first round pick James Carpenter
Pos: OT | Ht.: 6-4 | Wt.: 321 | School: Alabama
He started all 27 games at left tackle in his two years at the school, stepping in to replace Andre Smith, a first-round draft choice in 2009. He signed to play at Iowa State coming out of high school in Georgia, but did not qualify academically, enrolling instead at Coffeyville Community College in Kansas. He transferred to Alabama and stepped in immediately as a starter on a Crimson Tide team that won the national championship in a year that running back Mark Ingram won the Heisman Trophy.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Huskies’ magic dries up as North Carolina gives UW another early exit from NCAA tournament
- One sad day doesn't change the solid foundation these Huskies have built | Matt Calkins
- Mariners 2019 season preview mailbag: What to expect of Felix Hernandez?
- With Sweet 16 on the line, No. 1 North Carolina is Washington's biggest game in nearly a decade
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events