Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson had his right ankle examined and an X-ray taken after gutting out Sunday's victory over the Dolphins.
Russell Wilson showed up to his regular postgame news conference wearing a Seahawks sweatshirt and sweats.
“Normally in my suit and tie for you guys, but this is the best you get,’’ Wilson joked.
Wilson, though, also hadn’t had time to get dressed while having his ankle examined — and having an X-ray taken — shortly after the game.
Wilson wouldn’t confirm exactly what had been done or what would happen but insisted “I’ll be all right. I’ll be ready to roll.’’
Most Read Sports Stories
- What was that, Sebastian Janikowski? Decision not to tackle 49ers returner costly in Seahawks loss | Matt Calkins
- UW's top recruiting priority? Big defensive tackles. On the eve of Signing Day, it looks to have paid off
- Four-star edge rusher Laiatu Latu announces commitment to UW Huskies over USC
- Husky QB signee Dylan Morris set to enroll early, compete with Jacob Eason (again)
- Seahawks sign RB Bo Scarbrough to active roster, place Jordan Simmons on Injured Reserve
Coach Pete Carroll said of Wilson’s ankle that “we’re going to look at it.’’
Carroll twice said Wilson had been “kicked in the ankle’’ when he was sacked by Ndamukong Suh in the third quarter.
Wilson said “I was trying to cut inside and go down. It was just a freak accident.”
Injury updates: Aside from Wilson’s ankle, Seattle’s most serious injury was a sprained wrist suffered by rookie tailback C.J. Prosise. Prosise had the wrist in a cast in the second half.
“It’s not broken but it is sprained and they put a cast on him and he came back out and was available for special teams in the second half,’’ Carroll said.
As expected rookie guard Germain Ifedi did not suit up after twisting his ankle in practice on Wednesday.
Carroll said of Ifedi going forward that “we’ll just open it up next week and see where he is. I can’t tell you much.’’