Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson had his right ankle examined and an X-ray taken after gutting out Sunday's victory over the Dolphins.
Russell Wilson showed up to his regular postgame news conference wearing a Seahawks sweatshirt and sweats.
“Normally in my suit and tie for you guys, but this is the best you get,’’ Wilson joked.
Wilson, though, also hadn’t had time to get dressed while having his ankle examined — and having an X-ray taken — shortly after the game.
Wilson wouldn’t confirm exactly what had been done or what would happen but insisted “I’ll be all right. I’ll be ready to roll.’’
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mailbag: What does the future hold for Kam Chancellor, George Fant and Malik McDowell?
- Freshman Devin Culp eager to help Huskies’ suddenly thin tight end room
- Mariners blow 5-0 lead against Yankees, lose third straight game, but maintain their confidence
- Seahawks mailbag: Can C.J. Prosise contribute in 2018? And which position group is the biggest question mark?
- Mariners vs. Yankees: Live updates as Felix Hernandez looks to get M's back on track in New York
Coach Pete Carroll said of Wilson’s ankle that “we’re going to look at it.’’
Carroll twice said Wilson had been “kicked in the ankle’’ when he was sacked by Ndamukong Suh in the third quarter.
Wilson said “I was trying to cut inside and go down. It was just a freak accident.”
Injury updates: Aside from Wilson’s ankle, Seattle’s most serious injury was a sprained wrist suffered by rookie tailback C.J. Prosise. Prosise had the wrist in a cast in the second half.
“It’s not broken but it is sprained and they put a cast on him and he came back out and was available for special teams in the second half,’’ Carroll said.
As expected rookie guard Germain Ifedi did not suit up after twisting his ankle in practice on Wednesday.
Carroll said of Ifedi going forward that “we’ll just open it up next week and see where he is. I can’t tell you much.’’