Quarterback Russell Wilson and his wife, Ashton, have filed for divorce, he revealed in a statement released through the team Wednesday.
They were married in January, 2012.
The statement reads:
Most Read Sports Stories
- WSU football coach Nick Rolovich fired for refusing COVID vaccine; defensive coordinator is acting head coach
- Commentary: This ended the only way it could for WSU and unvaccinated football coach Nick Rolovich
- Seahawks DE Darrell Taylor's CT scans come back 'clear,' Pete Carroll says
- National media react to Seahawks’ Week 6 loss, Jamal Adams’ claim and Russell Wilson’s drills
- Seahawks have reached out to Cam Newton and other QBs, but team 'counting on' Geno Smith with Russell Wilson on IR
“I have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. Clearly, decisions like these don’t come easy. Ashton and I respectfully ask for prayers, understanding and privacy during this difficult time. Moving forward, I will have no further comment on this personal matter.”