Quarterback Russell Wilson and his wife, Ashton, have filed for divorce, he revealed in a statement released through the team Wednesday.
They were married in January, 2012.
The statement reads:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pac-12 top 10: Ryan Grubb stays at Washington, another elite QB arrives and more
- Seahawks position overview: Linebacker corps enters offseason of uncertainty
- Should the Seahawks go with a young QB? Be careful what you wish for
- Seattle sports rankings: Which team has the brightest outlook?
- Storm announce a pair of signings, including guard Arella Guirantes
“I have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. Clearly, decisions like these don’t come easy. Ashton and I respectfully ask for prayers, understanding and privacy during this difficult time. Moving forward, I will have no further comment on this personal matter.”