Quarterback Russell Wilson and his wife, Ashton, have filed for divorce, he revealed in a statement released through the team Wednesday.
They were married in January, 2012.
The statement reads:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks claim cornerback Saivion Smith, sign tight end Nick Guggemos
- Tyler Lockett eager to see what speedy rookie D’Wayne Eskridge adds to Seahawks offense
- Analysis: What could the Seahawks' initial 53-player roster look like? Here's an early guess
- Richard Sherman says he'd be open to a Seahawks return. But does Seattle have a spot for him?
- Seahawks won't get any comp picks in 2022 but will be much busier on draft weekend than this year
“I have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. Clearly, decisions like these don’t come easy. Ashton and I respectfully ask for prayers, understanding and privacy during this difficult time. Moving forward, I will have no further comment on this personal matter.”