Quarterback Russell Wilson and his wife, Ashton, have filed for divorce, he revealed in a statement released through the team Wednesday.
They were married in January, 2012.
The statement reads:
Most Read Sports Stories
- What to watch for when the Seahawks play the Cowboys in Week 3 — plus Bob Condotta's prediction
- MLS suspends Sounders star Raul Ruidiaz for violent conduct in match against Timbers
- Five things Washington State coach Nick Rolovich said after Pac-12's vote to return to play
- Analysis: Pac-12 football is back. Now what's the next step for Jimmy Lake and the UW Huskies?
- Schedule altered by COVID-19 may prevent Bainbridge from playing in elite USA Baseball event VIEW
“I have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. Clearly, decisions like these don’t come easy. Ashton and I respectfully ask for prayers, understanding and privacy during this difficult time. Moving forward, I will have no further comment on this personal matter.”