Quarterback Russell Wilson and his wife, Ashton, have filed for divorce, he revealed in a statement released through the team Wednesday.
They were married in January, 2012.
The statement reads:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Add Joe Lombardi to the mix of reported names for Seahawks' OC job
- How Wiffle ball, long road trips and a chance meeting helped Sis Bates become a star for UW softball
- Sounders star Jordan Morris loaned to Swansea City of English Championship League
- Baseball great Hank Aaron is gone, but his legacy and dignity will last forever WATCH
- Who are the Seahawks’ top priorities this offseason among their free agents? Bob Condotta ranks them.
“I have made the difficult decision to file for divorce. Clearly, decisions like these don’t come easy. Ashton and I respectfully ask for prayers, understanding and privacy during this difficult time. Moving forward, I will have no further comment on this personal matter.”