According to varying reports, the Seahawks have signed and/or agreed to terms with at least five of their 10 draftees.
According to varying reports, the Seahawks have signed or agreed to terms with half of their 10-man rookie draft class, including first-rounder Germain Ifedi.
Ifedi agreeing to terms was reported earlier today by Adam Caplan of ESPN. Others who have been reported signed are second-round DT Jarran Reed, third-round OL Rees Odhiambo, third-round TE Nick Vannett and fifth-round RB Alex Collins.
Years and salaries are pre-determined via the league’s 2011 collective bargaining agreement and the signing of contracts by is largely a formality (things such as when bonuses are paid out can be negotiated, etc.).
Per the CBA, Ifedi gets a four-year deal worth $8.2 million overall with a $4.2 million bonus. Reed got a four-year deal worth $4.8 million with a bonus of $1.7 million.
Most Read Sports Stories
- WSU flag will wave Saturday in Pullman on ESPN's 'College GameDay,' but the streak won't stop there
- What to watch for when the No. 15 Huskies host Colorado, plus Adam Jude's prediction
- In 7,000 miles, Tyrone Swoopes goes from his couch to Seahawks' starting tight end
- 'The Bear', 'The Grid' and 'The Flag': How ESPN's College GameDay finally made it to Pullman
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Vannett gets a four-year deal worth roughly $2.9 million overall with a singing bonus of $656,880; Odhiambo gets a four-year deal also worth $2.9 million with a bonus of $645,416; and Collins gets a four-year deal worth $2.2 million with a bonus of $184,000.
All 10 of the draft picks are expected to participate in the team’s rookie mini-camp this weekend. Players who have not signed can participate by signing waivers.