Seahawks quarterback Trevone Boykin was arrested again for violating his probation, according to a new report. He was previously arrested in March for marijuana possession and public intoxication following a car crash in Dallas. This latest arrest stems from the same incident.
Seahawks quarterback Trevone Boykin was arrested on Thursday afternoon, according to a report from TMZ. This latest arrest stems from a previous incident in March.
At the time of that arrest, Boykin was still on probation; he had previously pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest in December 2015. And on Thursday, he was arrested for violating his probation.
According to TMZ, Boykin was taken into custody on Thursday afternoon and released on $2,500 bond. His arraignment has been set for May 3.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What are Seahawks getting in CB Quinton Dunbar? 'A young Richard Sherman,' says a former coach.
- Analysis: Jadeveon Clowney watch continues for Seahawks. But there's no apparent end in sight
- How Husky wide receivers coach Junior Adams found a second home in Prosser, Washington
- Before unexpected death, ‘fun-loving’ Bryce Beekman left lasting impact on Washington State teammates
- Marysville's Jim Pearson has run at least a mile every day for 50 years and counting — and he's not stopping anytime soon
The Seahawks referred to their previous statement on the arrest last month in which they said, “we are aware of the situation, still gathering information and disappointed.”
At the NFL league meetings last month, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said of Boykin’s future with team, “We’re just waiting on finding out what all took place and that.”
Boykin was Russell Wilson’s backup last season as a rookie after signing with the team as an undrafted free agent. Boykin played in five games last season.