The NFL League Meetings will be held in Phoenix Monday-Wednesday. Seattle should learn which compensatory picks it will have for the 2015 Draft during the meetings, among other possible happenings.
The NFL League Meetings will be held Monday-Wednesday in Phoenix. The Seahawks will be well-represented with GM John Schneider and coach Pete Carroll each here and expected to address the media at some point.
I’m here, too, so I’ll pass along what they say when they say it.
Among the items expected to be addressed here are the compensatory picks for the 2015 draft for free agents lost in 2014. Those may be announced Monday.
Seattle expects to get the maximum complement of four. However, there is some secrecy in the formula and not even teams know for sure what they will get until they get it, which is why you heard Schneider say at the Combine he was assuming the Seahawks will get three picks so he wouldn’t be disappointed. But the general expectation is that Seattle will get four. And recall that the earliest compensatory picks come at the end of the third round.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Were boos directed at Russell Wilson a sign of things to come in his Seattle return?
- Marshawn Lynch arrested on suspicion of DUI in Las Vegas
- Artie Burns struggled with Steelers, but Seahawks happy with what they've found
- Mitch Haniger is back, Julio Rodriguez getting closer for Mariners
- Former WSU football coach Nick Rolovich seeking $25 million for wrongful termination
There’s a lot else on the agenda here, including possible rules changes (detailed here), though as that story notes, there is a thought that nothing significant will be enacted.
One of the other big topics is the future of the NFL in Los Angeles.
I’ll pass along news and notes throughout, specifically anything related to the Seahawks.