Former Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch opened a Beast Mode apparel store in downtown Seattle near CenturyLink Field on Saturday.
Marshawn Lynch walked out of a nondescript store front, took a seat on the steps and pulled up a table with a cup full of sharpies. Lynch looked at the first person in line and said, “You ready?”
A crowd stretched down the block, maybe a couple hundred, to get his autograph Saturday afternoon. And then Lynch and his staff unveiled his new Beast Mode store, located in Pioneer Square, not too far from CenturyLink Field where Lynch solidified his Beast Mode name.
Lynch officially announced the long-rumored opening in a typical fashion Saturday morning — with a tweet, stating he’ll be taking pics and signing autographs when the store opens at 12:24 p.m. (24 having been Lynch’s number during his playing career).
The address listed by Lynch is 558 1st Ave. S., Suite 100.
Most Read Sports Stories
- UW Huskies to meet Boise State in Las Vegas Bowl in Chris Petersen's farewell game
- Rashaad Penny suffers 'significant' injury in Seahawks' loss to Rams
- Instant analysis: Impressions from the Seahawks' loss to the Los Angeles Rams
- No. 9 Gonzaga men hold on for 83-76 victory over No. 22 Washington WATCH
- The Seahawks need to wake up after their lethargic performance against the Rams | Matt Calkins
Lynch similarly announced his retirement with a tweet during the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl last February, and since has pursued a number of different ventures.
Those include operating his first Beast Mode Apparel store in his native Oakland, which had its official opening the week of the Super Bowl.