Thomas had said the day before in an Irish TV interview that he had no idea where he would be playing in 2018.
A day after saying that “nobody knows” what his future holds, Seahawks safety Earl Thomas took to Twitter to write that he wants to stay in Seattle.
“Lets not get it confused I want to be a Seahawk,” Thomas wrote in a lengthy note, further stating that he wants his jersey retired in the Ring of Honor and that he and his family want to stay in Seattle.
As has been noted a lot recently, the Seahawks are known to be dangling Thomas in trade talks with Thomas stating earlier this year that he might hold out if he did not get a contract extension prior to the 2018 season.
Nothing in Thomas’ note changes either of those facts and the rumors surrounding his future figure to be a pretty big topic at the NFL league meetings, which begin Sunday in Orlando, Fla.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sophomore quarterback Jake Haener leaves UW Huskies one week before season opener
- Analysis: Seven Seahawks with a lot on the line Saturday against the Chargers
- Impressions from the Seahawks' preseason win against the Los Angeles Chargers | Analysis
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- We know Jacob Eason has the arm, but does he have the other traits to take UW to the promised land? | Matt Calkins
Thomas has been in Ireland on an NFL-sponsored goodwill tour and made his comments Friday about being uncertain about his future on an Irish sports talk show.