DL Ricky Jean Francois signed today with Washington after also considering the Seahawks.
Defensive lineman Ricky Jean Francois reportedly visited Seattle today as he sought a new home after being released earlier in the week by the Colts.
Expect, though, to continue hearing about Seattle and free agent defensive linemen as that has been the area where the Seahawks have most sought outside help the last few years, signing the likes of Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Tony McDaniel and Kevin Williams, and at least kicking the tires (if not more so) on guys like Jared Allen, Jason Hatcher and Henry Melton, and now Jean Francois this year.
But recall as well that Seattle general manager John Schneider has indicated the Seahawks will have to be careful with their free agent dollars as they also work to get extensions done with Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner, and for also continue to have some uncertainty on the Marshawn Lynch front.
Most Read Sports Stories
- The Seahawks have questions as training camp opens, we have some answers | Analysis
- Storm’s Natasha Howard denies domestic-abuse allegations, accuses wife of stabbing her and taking nearly $600,000
- Famously calm Edgar Martinez begins to feel nerves ahead of long-awaited Hall of Fame induction | Larry Stone
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Mike Leake gets three outs away from a perfect game as Mariners club Angels VIEW
As the linked stories note, new Washington GM Scot McCloughan drafted Jean Francois when he was with the 49ers in 2009.