DL Ricky Jean Francois signed today with Washington after also considering the Seahawks.
Defensive lineman Ricky Jean Francois reportedly visited Seattle today as he sought a new home after being released earlier in the week by the Colts.
Expect, though, to continue hearing about Seattle and free agent defensive linemen as that has been the area where the Seahawks have most sought outside help the last few years, signing the likes of Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Tony McDaniel and Kevin Williams, and at least kicking the tires (if not more so) on guys like Jared Allen, Jason Hatcher and Henry Melton, and now Jean Francois this year.
But recall as well that Seattle general manager John Schneider has indicated the Seahawks will have to be careful with their free agent dollars as they also work to get extensions done with Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner, and for also continue to have some uncertainty on the Marshawn Lynch front.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Will Marshawn Lynch return to the Seahawks again? Here's what Pete Carroll and John Schneider say. WATCH
- The Seahawks will meet with Jadeveon Clowney's agent at the NFL combine
- UW and WSU at the NFL combine: Jacob Eason says 'I felt ready' to leave school and enter the draft WATCH
- NFL teams 'all over the map' on UW Huskies QB Jacob Eason as scouting combine looms
- Mailbag: What could the Seahawks be looking for this week's NFL combine in Indianapolis?
As the linked stories note, new Washington GM Scot McCloughan drafted Jean Francois when he was with the 49ers in 2009.