Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is in danger from rapper Future, according to fiancee Ciara.
According to fiancee Ciara, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson might be in danger from more than just opposing defenses.
Ciara filed legal papers alleging that her former boyfriend, rapper Future, has threatened Wilson in both his song lyrics and in social-media posts. The papers are part of the ongoing $15 million defamation lawsuit that Ciara filed against Future in February. The couple had a child together in May 2014 but split several months later. Wilson and Ciara announced their engagement in March 2016 via an Instagram video.
In the papers, Ciara cited Future’s new song, which includes the lyrics: “Tryna (expletive) my baby mama, dog what’s up with you? You gon’ make me get that heat, I’m pulling up on you.”
Additionally, Future allegedly posted gun emojis pointing at football emojis on social media, which Ciara also filed in her papers as a threat to Wilson, according to TMZ Sports.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Hall of Famer Ron Francis to be hired as general manager of Seattle's new NHL team
- 'It’s unacceptable': In Mariners' 9-2 loss to Oakland, Marco Gonzales questions why umpire stayed in game VIEW
- Seahawks place four rookies — including Marquise Blair and Ben Burr-Kirven — on PUP list
- Storm All-Star Natasha Howard denies domestic-abuse allegations made by wife
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster | Positions 75-61: Some veteran players start to make the list | Analysis
The New York Daily News reported that Future said in a radio interview that the emojis were not posted by him and came from a “fake Facebook page.”
According to the TMZ report, Ciara said Future’s behavior is “frightening” and “socially irresponsible … where there has been a recent rash of gun violence.”
The defamation lawsuit alleged Future’s “venomous Tweets” and other public interviews have hindered her career.