STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) — Kristin Scott made all 11 shots, including seven 3-pointers, and both free throws for a career-high 31 points, and grabbed 12 rebounds on Saturday to lead No. 20 Iowa State to an 84-71 win over Oklahoma State.
Scott, the first ISU player to go 11 for 11, opened the game with a 3-pointer and added two more as the Cyclones (15-5, 5-3 Big 12 Conference) opened an 11-0 lead. Iowa State closed out the first quarter by turning a 7-0 spurt into a 19-4 run for a 32-9 lead.
The Cyclones were 12 of 16 with four 3s in the first quarter while the Cowgirls were 3 of 21. Then ISU hit its first three shots of the second quarter to make it 39-9. It was 47-20 at the half after Scott hit a buzzer-beating 3-pointer, already her career-best fifth 3-pointer for 19 points in the half.
Oklahoma State (12-6, 3-4) scored 15 straight points and had a 20-2 run in the third quarter that only cut the deficit to 11, 54-43. The Cowgirls twice got it down to 10 inside the four-minute mark of the fourth quarter. That’s when Scott hit her final 3 to start a 7-0 run.
Most Read Sports Stories
- 'Dawgs helping Dawgs': How a fellow UW football alum helped former QB Cody Pickett avoid open-heart surgery
- Blame the pandemic, but many of Washington's top football seniors finding college opportunities hard to find
- Seahawks position review: One-and-done for tight end Gerald Everett? Is Colby Parkinson ready to take a major leap forward?
- Chips List 2022: The top 100 high-school football prospects in Washington
- Where things stand with the Seahawks' defensive coordinator opening as NFL teams make hires
Bridget Carleton had 19 points, nine rebounds and five assists for Iowa State with Ashley Joens adding 17 points and Alexa Middleton 15 with 11 assists.
Vivian Gray scored a career-high 30 for OSU, which shot 65 percent in the second half, and Braxtin Miller had 17 points.