ITTA BENA, Miss. (AP) — Dante Scott had 27 points as Mississippi Valley State beat Southern 70-59 on Monday night.
Scott hit 11 of 12 free throws. He added nine rebounds.
Gregory Jones-Rollins had 13 points for Mississippi Valley State (5-22, 3-10 Southwestern Athletic Conference). Emmanuel Ejeh added 14 rebounds.
Jordan Evans, who led the Delta Devils in scoring entering the matchup with 12 points per game, was held to only six points (2 of 10).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pittsburgh LB and team captain Cam Bright announces graduate transfer to UW Huskies
- John Stockton’s defiance of COVID-19 mask mandate forces Gonzaga to suspend Hall of Famer’s season tickets
- Key dates to keep in mind as the Seahawks navigate the offseason
- Former Hungarian Olympic gymnastic champion dies after COVID infection
- Here's how the overtime NFL playoff game between the Chiefs and Bills could have been even better
Alex Ennis had 16 points and nine rebounds for the Jaguars (4-22, 3-10). DeRias Johnson added 13 points. Osa Wilson had seven rebounds.
Sidney Umude, the Jaguars’ second leading scorer heading into the contest at 12 points per game, was held to six points (3 of 10).
The Delta Devils evened the season series against the Jaguars with the win. Southern defeated Mississippi Valley State 80-56 on Jan. 21. Mississippi Valley State matches up against Prairie View on the road on Saturday. Southern takes on Alabama A&M at home on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com