AIGLE, Switzerland (AP) — The International Cycling Union says it picked Scotland to host the first combined world championships in 13 disciplines in 2023.
Glasgow will host most events over a two-week period in August featuring road and track races, plus mountain bike, BMX and para-cycling.
The UCI will gather the world championships together every fourth year in the season before an Olympics.
The governing body says “over several weeks, the host city and/or region will become the true cycling capital of the world.”
Most Read Sports Stories
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from the UW Huskies' 45-19 win over BYU VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 'He's an NFL quarterback': Jacob Eason was at his finest against BYU — and others took notice | Larry Stone
- Huskies GameCenter: Live updates, how to watch No. 22 UW's road test against BYU Cougars
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Antonio Brown: 'We're pretty well set right now'
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports