FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Sarah Thomas is the first woman to work an NFL playoff game as an on-field official.
Thomas was the down judge in Sunday’s divisional round game between New England and the Los Angeles Chargers. That’s a first, according to the league’s Twitter account .
Thomas was hired in 2015 and was already the league’s first female full-time official.
Terri Valenti was the replay official in Saturday’s playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts, also a first.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Russell Wilson on Jadeveon Clowney: 'I need you homie' WATCH
- Analysis: Germain Ifedi's deal with Bears validates concerns from his time with Seahawks
- Seahawks mailbag: Could Benson Mayowa be the next Chris Clemons?
- As the wait continues, answering four questions about Jadeveon Clowney and the Seahawks
- Analysis: Five UW Huskies football story lines fans won't get to see this spring
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL