FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Sarah Thomas is the first woman to work an NFL playoff game as an on-field official.
Thomas was the down judge in Sunday’s divisional round game between New England and the Los Angeles Chargers. That’s a first, according to the league’s Twitter account .
Thomas was hired in 2015 and was already the league’s first female full-time official.
Terri Valenti was the replay official in Saturday’s playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts, also a first.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson surpassed by Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes as NFL's highest-paid player
- Mariners to open coronavirus-delayed season with seven-game road trip, starting in Houston
- Here are the 20 best Washington State athletes of the past 20 years VIEW
- Four-star 2021 WR Jabez Tinae continues Kennedy Catholic pipeline by verbally committing to Washington
- MLB has coronavirus testing issues. Here's how the Mariners have avoided them
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL