TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Jaelan Sanford scored six of his 17 points in the final three minutes to help Toledo pull away from Akron 63-52 on Tuesday night.
Akron led most of the second half until Spencer Littleson drained a 3 to give the Rockets a 45-44 advantage with 6:42 left. Luke Knapke scored underneath, Sanford hit a jumper for 56-50 lead and Sanford closed the scoring with four straight free throws to secure the win.
Nate Navigato added 11 points to go with six rebounds and four assists for Toledo. Knapke and Littleson finished with nine points and six rebounds apiece.
Toledo (19-4, 7-3 Mid-American Conference), which has won seven of its last eight games and sits atop the West Division in the conference standings, will face the East Division leader Bowling Green (16-6, 8-1) on Saturday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Before he can win games at Washington, Jimmy Lake will be tasked with winning early signing day WATCH
- Seahawks-Rams predictions: Seattle Times writers make their picks for Week 14
- Seahawks injury report: Mychal Kendricks doubtful, which could open door for rookie Cody Barton WATCH
- How tight end Jacob Hollister became the Seahawks' most unexpected surprise in a season full of them | In-depth VIEW
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Tyler Cheese had 19 points and Loren Cristian Jackson added 11 for Akron (13-9, 5-4), which was held to 18-of-64 shooting (28 percent).