Luke Chavez scores 31 points to lead Saints to 80-76 victory over Falcons, who were led by Coleman Wooten’s 22 points.
Luke Chavez scored 26 of his season-high 31 points after halftime Tuesday, including eight during overtime of an 80-76 Saint Martin’s win over Seattle Pacific in a Great Northwest Athletic Conference men’s basketball game in Lacey.
Chavez scored eight straight points for SMU (19-6, 12-5) in the extra session. His three-pointer with 1:38 on the clock put the hosts ahead for good, 76-73.
Coleman Wooten collected 22 points to pace the Falcons (14-10), who dropped to 9-8 in league play to fall out of fourth place.
Nathan Streufert had 15 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks for the Falcons.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks' Doug Baldwin on Trump's national anthem comments: 'He's an idiot, plain and simple' WATCH
- King County councilmember opposes $180 million proposal for Safeco Field upkeep, says Mariners should 'pay their own expenses'
- Who knows if new NFL anthem policy will work, but here’s why protests should stop | Matt Calkins
- Huskies get commitment from three-star wide receiver Taj Davis
- Seahawks' K.J. Wright calls NFL's new anthem policy 'crazy,' and Doug Baldwin says it's disappointing
Nikhil Lizotte also scored 15, and Harry Cavell had 11.
The Falcons made just 9 of 20 free throws.
• UW posted a ninth place finish at the Northrop-Grumman Regional Challenge in Palos Verdes, Calif., with a 42-over 894.
The Huskies were led by junior Sarah Rhee, who finished tied for 16th at 7-over 220 (76-72-72).
Junior Wenyung Keh also moved up on the final day, jumping five spots to finish tied for 18th at 8-over 221 (73-74-74).
Top-ranked UCLA, which was tied with Alabama heading into Tuesday’s final round, shot a 7-over 291 to finish at 15-over 867, four strokes better than the Crimson Tide.
• Seattle U freshman Kimberlee Tottori moved up 13 spots to finish tied for 15th at the Gold Rush tournament at the El Dorado Golf Course in Long Beach, Calif.
Tottori shot 7-over 79 in the first round, but shot 1-over 73 in the final two rounds. The Redhawks tied for 11th at 935.
Georgia won at 19-over 883.
• Zack Overstreet finished in a sixth-place tie to help Seattle U to ninth place at The Farms Invitational in Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
Overstreet, who led after the first round with a 7-under 65, finished at even-par 216.
The Redhawks shot 59-over 923. San Francisco was first at 7-over 871.