DENVER (AP) — Colorado Rockies rookie Kyle Freeland is pitching a no-hitter through six innings against the Chicago White Sox.
Freeland has thrown 76 pitches Sunday. The 24-year-old lefty is trying to become the second pitcher to toss a no-hitter in Coors Field history. Hideo Nomo accomplished the feat in 1996 when he was with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Freeland has struck out six, walked one and hit a batter.
Colorado leads 3-0.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Garfield High star Dalayah Daniels set to make impact after transferring home to UW
- Pac-12 survival guide: Five forces that will define the path to salvation, or extinction
- Pac-12 mailbag: Kliavkoff’s culpability, expansion options, WSU's connections and more
- At midpoint of year, Mariners are showing their season is half-full
- Mariners offense comes alive to support strong effort by Chris Flexen in 8-2 pounding of Padres
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball