HUDDERSFIELD, England (AP) — A third-minute goal by Brazil forward Richarlison was enough to clinch a 1-0 victory for 10-man Everton at last-place Huddersfield in the Premier League on Tuesday.
Newly hired Huddersfield manager Jan Siewert’s first game in charge ended in another damaging defeat for the team, which couldn’t capitalize on the sending-off of Everton substitute Lucas Digne in the 66th minute.
Huddersfield is on just 11 points from 24 games, and is 11 from safety.
Richarlison scored his 14th goal of the season, one more than Huddersfield has scored in total.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Jon Wilner projects the 2022 Pac-12 North and South division football races
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Seahawks DC candidate list up to 4 as they reportedly request to interview Joe Whitt Jr.
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust
Everton manager Marco Silva left out Paris Saint-Germain target Idrissa Gueye after the midfielder handed in a transfer request last week.
More AP English soccer: https://apnews.com/PremierLeague and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports