The United States women’s national soccer team called up Reign FC forward Megan Rapinoe for two upcoming matches.
The United States women’s national soccer team Wednesday announced its 23-player training-camp roster in advance of the team’s friendlies on Aug. 31 and Sept. 4. Seattle Reign FC forward Megan Rapinoe was named to the squad.
Reign midfielder Allie Long was unavailable for selection due to an injury she suffered Aug. 15 against the Chicago Red Stars.
The U.S. will play two matches against Chile, on Aug. 31 in Carson, Calif., and Sept. 4 in San Jose, Calif.
Canada Soccer announced that Reign forward Adriana Leon will join the team for a friendly against Brazil on Sept. 2.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Report: Russell Wilson's future with Seahawks 'remains uncertain'
- Seahawks GameCenter: Live updates, how to watch, stream Monday Night Football vs. Chicago Bears
- Only groups standing between Seattle and NHL, new KeyArena are those that want them most | Inside the NHL
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' loss to the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football
- Where was Chris Carson in Seahawks' loss to Bears? Pete Carroll has an explanation
With a hurricane scheduled to hit Hawaii this weekend, Gonzaga’s trip was canceled. Instead, the Bulldogs will travel to Los Angeles for two matches at UCLA on Saturday and Sunday. UCLA had also been scheduled to play in Hawaii.