The United States women’s national soccer team called up Reign FC forward Megan Rapinoe for two upcoming matches.
The United States women’s national soccer team Wednesday announced its 23-player training-camp roster in advance of the team’s friendlies on Aug. 31 and Sept. 4. Seattle Reign FC forward Megan Rapinoe was named to the squad.
Reign midfielder Allie Long was unavailable for selection due to an injury she suffered Aug. 15 against the Chicago Red Stars.
The U.S. will play two matches against Chile, on Aug. 31 in Carson, Calif., and Sept. 4 in San Jose, Calif.
Canada Soccer announced that Reign forward Adriana Leon will join the team for a friendly against Brazil on Sept. 2.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Bobby Wagner might be the most underappreciated superstar in Seattle sports history | Matt Calkins
- Pac-12 power rankings: As regular season winds down, UW still the clear favorite
- 2019 figures to mark the true transition for Seattle secondary from the Legion of Boom | 2019 position analysis
- Healthy and happy, Dee Gordon looks for a bounceback for the Mariners
- Kyle Seager showed up to Mariners camp slimmer and healthier. Will that lead to a bounce-back year?
With a hurricane scheduled to hit Hawaii this weekend, Gonzaga’s trip was canceled. Instead, the Bulldogs will travel to Los Angeles for two matches at UCLA on Saturday and Sunday. UCLA had also been scheduled to play in Hawaii.