Nahomi Kawasumi scores in the 90th minute and Katie Johnson adds another in the 92nd for 2-1 victory.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. — Nahomi Kawasumi scored in the 90th minute and teammate Katie Johnson added another in the 92nd as the Seattle Reign stunned the Chicago Red Stars 2-1 in National Women’s Soccer League play Wednesday.
It’s only the second time in NWSL history that a team has won a game after trailing in the 90th minute. The Orlando Pride achieved the feat last July against Boston.
The win vaults the Reign (7-5-6) back into fourth place, one point ahead of Orlando (7-6-5).
Jennifer Hoy had given the hosts a 1-0 lead in the 23rd minute.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners' Jean Segura sure hit like an All-Star Game MVP, but maybe this was another snub
- Mariners' 2016 trade for Mitch Haniger, Jean Segura changed course of franchise
- Analysis: Is Richard Sherman right? Have the Seahawks lost their way?
- Ranking the Seahawks' roster | Positions 90-76: Who's at the bottom of the depth chart as camp begins? VIEW
- Sail like a girl: How an all-female team made history and won the 750-mile Race to Alaska VIEW