Nahomi Kawasumi scores in the 90th minute and Katie Johnson adds another in the 92nd for 2-1 victory.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. — Nahomi Kawasumi scored in the 90th minute and teammate Katie Johnson added another in the 92nd as the Seattle Reign stunned the Chicago Red Stars 2-1 in National Women’s Soccer League play Wednesday.
It’s only the second time in NWSL history that a team has won a game after trailing in the 90th minute. The Orlando Pride achieved the feat last July against Boston.
The win vaults the Reign (7-5-6) back into fourth place, one point ahead of Orlando (7-6-5).
Jennifer Hoy had given the hosts a 1-0 lead in the 23rd minute.
Most Read Sports Stories
- With Paul Allen's death, it's unclear what happens next with Seahawks ownership
- What we learned from the UW Huskies' overtime loss at Oregon
- What the (inter)national media are saying about the Seahawks' 27-3 trouncing of the Oakland Raiders
- Paul Allen was a knight in shining armor for the Seahawks and Seattle | Larry Stone
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went right against the Raiders and what it means