Nahomi Kawasumi scores in the 90th minute and Katie Johnson adds another in the 92nd for 2-1 victory.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. — Nahomi Kawasumi scored in the 90th minute and teammate Katie Johnson added another in the 92nd as the Seattle Reign stunned the Chicago Red Stars 2-1 in National Women’s Soccer League play Wednesday.
It’s only the second time in NWSL history that a team has won a game after trailing in the 90th minute. The Orlando Pride achieved the feat last July against Boston.
The win vaults the Reign (7-5-6) back into fourth place, one point ahead of Orlando (7-6-5).
Jennifer Hoy had given the hosts a 1-0 lead in the 23rd minute.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Luke Willson says goodbye to Seahawks as he signs with the Lions
- Baseball coach who raised more than $40K to rejuvenate Rainier Beach team quits after one season
- Analysis: Projecting the Seahawks' offensive line following the signing of D.J. Fluker
- UW spring football preview: Foundation in place for Huskies to boast Pac-12’s best offensive line WATCH
- A change to his swing and approach at the plate could put Daniel Vogelbach on the Mariners' opening day roster