Nahomi Kawasumi scores in the 90th minute and Katie Johnson adds another in the 92nd for 2-1 victory.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. — Nahomi Kawasumi scored in the 90th minute and teammate Katie Johnson added another in the 92nd as the Seattle Reign stunned the Chicago Red Stars 2-1 in National Women’s Soccer League play Wednesday.
It’s only the second time in NWSL history that a team has won a game after trailing in the 90th minute. The Orlando Pride achieved the feat last July against Boston.
The win vaults the Reign (7-5-6) back into fourth place, one point ahead of Orlando (7-6-5).
Jennifer Hoy had given the hosts a 1-0 lead in the 23rd minute.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate