Seattle Reign FC earned a point in a 1-1 draw Thursday with the Orlando Pride at the new Orlando City Stadium.
ORLANDO, Fla. — Seattle Reign FC earned a point in a 1-1 draw Thursday with the Orlando Pride at the new Orlando City Stadium.
After 90 scoreless minutes, the Pride got a goal in the third minute of stoppage time from Alex Morgan.
Reign FC found the equalizer just seconds later in the final minute of stoppage time. Nahomi Kawasumi received the ball on the wing and served it into the box, where Jess Fishlock sent her header past Ashlyn Harris to make the score 1-1.
Seattle (8-7-7, 31 points) is four points behind the fourth and final playoff spot.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Expect the Mariners to be trade-deadline buyers. So, who are potential targets?
- UW Huskies fall preview: What kind of impact can five-star LB Ale Kaho make?
- More money would be good, but WNBA-NBA wage gap is about economics, not gender | Matt Calkins
- UW Huskies fall preview: How can Vita Vea be replaced on the defensive line?
- Ranking the Seahawks' roster | Positions 60-46: Backup quarterbacks, Brandon Marshall and more
• Reign forward Megan Rapinoe was named to the U.S. women’s national-team roster for friendlies against New Zealand on Sept. 15 and Sept. 18.