Seattle Reign FC earned a point in a 1-1 draw Thursday with the Orlando Pride at the new Orlando City Stadium.
ORLANDO, Fla. — Seattle Reign FC earned a point in a 1-1 draw Thursday with the Orlando Pride at the new Orlando City Stadium.
After 90 scoreless minutes, the Pride got a goal in the third minute of stoppage time from Alex Morgan.
Reign FC found the equalizer just seconds later in the final minute of stoppage time. Nahomi Kawasumi received the ball on the wing and served it into the box, where Jess Fishlock sent her header past Ashlyn Harris to make the score 1-1.
Seattle (8-7-7, 31 points) is four points behind the fourth and final playoff spot.
Most Read Sports Stories
- We all love him, but it's time for the Mariners to release Ichiro | Larry Stone
- Strong spring solidifies redshirt freshman Jake Haener's role as UW Huskies' No. 2 QB
- In dramatic finish, Huskies defense gets goal-line stop on final play to win UW's spring preview VIEW
- Ichiro remains on the roster as Mariners option Guillermo Heredia to Class AAA Tacoma
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
• Reign forward Megan Rapinoe was named to the U.S. women’s national-team roster for friendlies against New Zealand on Sept. 15 and Sept. 18.