Seattle Reign FC earned a point in a 1-1 draw Thursday with the Orlando Pride at the new Orlando City Stadium.
ORLANDO, Fla. — Seattle Reign FC earned a point in a 1-1 draw Thursday with the Orlando Pride at the new Orlando City Stadium.
After 90 scoreless minutes, the Pride got a goal in the third minute of stoppage time from Alex Morgan.
Reign FC found the equalizer just seconds later in the final minute of stoppage time. Nahomi Kawasumi received the ball on the wing and served it into the box, where Jess Fishlock sent her header past Ashlyn Harris to make the score 1-1.
Seattle (8-7-7, 31 points) is four points behind the fourth and final playoff spot.
Most Read Stories
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Residents fight Seattle rules allowing apartment developers to forgo parking
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?
- UW's Azeem Victor suspended indefinitely after arrest
• Reign forward Megan Rapinoe was named to the U.S. women’s national-team roster for friendlies against New Zealand on Sept. 15 and Sept. 18.