In the final regular-season meeting with Sky Blue FC, Reign FC blew a 3-0 lead at halftime and fell 5-4 Saturday at Yurcak Field in a National Women’s Soccer League match.
PISCATAWAY, N.J. — In the final regular-season meeting with Sky Blue FC, Reign FC blew a 3-0 lead at halftime and fell 5-4 Saturday at Yurcak Field in a National Women’s Soccer League match.
This marks the first time in club history Reign FC (7-6-6, 27 points) has allowed five goals in a match.
Reign FC opened the scoring with a goal from forward Katie Johnson in the third minute. In the 18th minute, midfielder Jess Fishlock doubled the lead for Seattle. Just before halftime, Nahomi “Naho” Kawasumi scored for the Reign FC in stoppage time.
Sky Blue (8-9-2, 26 points) scored three consecutive goals in the second half to tie the game in the 71st minute. Reign FC regained the lead in the 85th minute on Kiersten Dallstream’s goal.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Meet Seattle sports' newest power couple: Sue Bird and Megan Rapinoe
- Dwyane Wade wants to bring the Sonics back to Seattle
- Q&A: Days after posting doctored Obama video on Twitter, WSU coach Mike Leach has much more to say
- Mariners vs. Red Sox: Live updates as reeling M's try to snap skid at five
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
However, Sky Blue scored two goals in stoppage time, with Sam Kerr scoring the game winner, her fourth of the match.