Megan Rapinoe scored on a penalty kick in the sixth minute, and the Seattle Reign made it stand up to beat Sky Blue FC 1-0.
Megan Rapinoe scored on a penalty kick in the sixth minute, and the Seattle Reign made it stand up to beat Sky Blue FC 1-0 on Sunday in rainy Piscataway, N.J.
The win improved the Reign to 2-0-0.
Rapinoe’s second goal of the season game after Sky Blue defender Erica Skroski was called for a handball in the box.
It was the first home game for U.S. national team star Carli Lloyd, who plays for Sky Blue (0-2-0).
Most Read Sports Stories
- What are the Mariners thinking? Keeping Ichiro is purely illogical | Matt Calkins
- Ichiro remains on the roster as Mariners option Guillermo Heredia to Class AAA Tacoma
- Huskies now turn their attention to Auburn. Here's what we know about the potential top-10 showdown
- We all love him, but it's time for the Mariners to release Ichiro | Larry Stone
- Seahawks pre-draft review: More reinforcements coming for rapidly changing Legion of Boom?
Seattle had a chance to add a second goal in the 86th minute, but Jodie Taylor couldn’t convert a penalty kick.
The Reign stay on the road and will play the North Carolina Courage on Wednesday.