Megan Rapinoe scored on a penalty kick in the sixth minute, and the Seattle Reign made it stand up to beat Sky Blue FC 1-0.
Megan Rapinoe scored on a penalty kick in the sixth minute, and the Seattle Reign made it stand up to beat Sky Blue FC 1-0 on Sunday in rainy Piscataway, N.J.
The win improved the Reign to 2-0-0.
Rapinoe’s second goal of the season game after Sky Blue defender Erica Skroski was called for a handball in the box.
It was the first home game for U.S. national team star Carli Lloyd, who plays for Sky Blue (0-2-0).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Football helped Chief Sealth twins overcome impossible odds. Now their sights are on the next level.
- WSU flag will wave Saturday in Pullman on ESPN's 'College GameDay,' but the streak won't stop there
- In 7,000 miles, Tyrone Swoopes goes from his couch to Seahawks' starting tight end
- Huskies OLB Amandre Williams announces departure from UW
- Washington’s roadmap to the Rose Bowl: Breaking down the four-team race in the Pac-12 North
Seattle had a chance to add a second goal in the 86th minute, but Jodie Taylor couldn’t convert a penalty kick.
The Reign stay on the road and will play the North Carolina Courage on Wednesday.