Megan Rapinoe scored on a penalty kick in the sixth minute, and the Seattle Reign made it stand up to beat Sky Blue FC 1-0.
Megan Rapinoe scored on a penalty kick in the sixth minute, and the Seattle Reign made it stand up to beat Sky Blue FC 1-0 on Sunday in rainy Piscataway, N.J.
The win improved the Reign to 2-0-0.
Rapinoe’s second goal of the season game after Sky Blue defender Erica Skroski was called for a handball in the box.
It was the first home game for U.S. national team star Carli Lloyd, who plays for Sky Blue (0-2-0).
Most Read Sports Stories
- It's Washington: Top-5 recruit Isaiah Stewart picks Huskies over Duke, Michigan State, Kentucky
- Edgar Martinez is on the verge of the Hall of Fame. Meet the fans who've been with him from the start. | Larry Stone
- Jake Browning gets start, throws two interceptions during NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
- Will UW men land 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart? Huskies will find out Sunday
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Seattle had a chance to add a second goal in the 86th minute, but Jodie Taylor couldn’t convert a penalty kick.
The Reign stay on the road and will play the North Carolina Courage on Wednesday.