The OL Reign got goals from their national- team members to beat the North Carolina Courage 2-1 on Saturday in Cary, North Carolina, to stretch their unbeaten run to four games.
After the Courage scored in the sixth minute, Rose Lavelle answered with the equalizer in the 11th minute. Megan Rapinoe scored what turned out to be the game winner in the 26th minute.
• Jimmy Shane clinched a national title and won the match race event, dubbed Saturday Showdown, in the U-1 Miss HomeStreet at San Diego Bayfair. Shane edged Miss Madison teammate Jeff Bernard in the Miss Goodman Real Estate in the showdown final. Earlier in the day, Shane clinched National High Points Drivers title, his seventh. He’ll try to hold off the Miss Tri-Cities for the team title Sunday.
• Five different players scored as the Seattle Pacific men (1-3-3) earned their first win by beating Concordia-Irvine (1-5) at Interbay Stadium 5-1.
• Lauren Forster scored, but the Seattle Pacific women (3-2-1, 1-1 GNAC) lost 3-1 on the road to Northwest Nazarene (4-1-1, 2-0).
• Ella May Powell had 31 assists and 11 digs as No. 18 Washington (8-2) finished up a 3-0 run through the Bobcat Invitational in Bozeman, Montana, with a 25-13, 25-21, 25-22 win vs. Boise State (8-3).
• Laura Jansen had 16 kills, but Washington State (8-3) lost to No. 6 Minnesota (5-3) in the Minnesota Diet Coke Classic in Minneapolis, 25-16, 25-13, 24-26, 25-20.
• Arianna Bilby had 11 kills and 11 digs, but Seattle U (4-4) lost to Portland at the Portland Invitational 3-1.
• Ashley Antoniak had 14 kills and 10 digs as Seattle Pacific (3-9, 1-3 GNAC) lost 3-2 to No. 14 Alaska Anchorage.
• Jarred Kelenic was 3 for 4 with a homer and two RBI as the Tacoma Rainiers held off visiting Las Vegas 12-11.
• Coster Dunn scored twice and had an assist as the Seattle Thunderbirds beat the Everett Silvertips in a shootout in Kennewick 6-5 to wrap up the preseason.