Veronica Latsko scored a goal in the 92nd minute as the Houston Dash beat the Seattle Reign 2-1 Wednesday night in a National Women’s Soccer League match.
HOUSTON — Veronica Latsko scored a goal in the 92nd minute as the Houston Dash beat the Seattle Reign 2-1 Wednesday night in a National Women’s Soccer League match.
It was the first time Houston (2-4-4) had defeated Seattle (4-2-2).
After threatening relentlessly for the first 10 minutes, Seattle finally broke through in the 13th minute. A series of passes led to Jodie Taylor dishing the ball to Beverly Yanez in the box. With the ball perfectly placed for a right-footed shot, Yanez slipped the ball past Houston goalkeeper Jane Campbell. The goal put Reign FC up 1-0 and presented Yanez with her second goal of the year.
Houston found the equalizer in the 68th minute. A free kick was deflected to the feet of Kristie Mewis, who sent it into the net.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- Bench coach Manny Acta defends Scott Servais, Mariners after allegations of racism by Lorena Martin | Larry Stone
- Safeco Field could become T-Mobile Field under Mariners' new agreement
- Mike Leach's tweet of doctored Obama video cost WSU $1.6 million in donations
- Pac-12 Bowl Projections: Signs still point to Huskies in Rose Bowl
Reign FC will head directly to New Jersey to prepare for its Saturday match against Sky Blue FC.