Veronica Latsko scored a goal in the 92nd minute as the Houston Dash beat the Seattle Reign 2-1 Wednesday night in a National Women’s Soccer League match.
HOUSTON — Veronica Latsko scored a goal in the 92nd minute as the Houston Dash beat the Seattle Reign 2-1 Wednesday night in a National Women’s Soccer League match.
It was the first time Houston (2-4-4) had defeated Seattle (4-2-2).
After threatening relentlessly for the first 10 minutes, Seattle finally broke through in the 13th minute. A series of passes led to Jodie Taylor dishing the ball to Beverly Yanez in the box. With the ball perfectly placed for a right-footed shot, Yanez slipped the ball past Houston goalkeeper Jane Campbell. The goal put Reign FC up 1-0 and presented Yanez with her second goal of the year.
Houston found the equalizer in the 68th minute. A free kick was deflected to the feet of Kristie Mewis, who sent it into the net.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went wrong in Seahawks-Bears
- ‘It’s all love’: UW’s Byron Murphy and ASU’s N’Keal Harry prepping for first head-to-head matchup
- Report: Russell Wilson's future with Seahawks 'remains uncertain'
- Pete Carroll says Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is 'over-trying,' plus injury updates and more
Reign FC will head directly to New Jersey to prepare for its Saturday match against Sky Blue FC.