ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Edric Dennis continued his recent scoring binge with a season-high 32 points and UT Arlington defeated Little Rock 82-73 on Saturday.
The Mavericks went the last 4:32 without a field goal, but it was of little consequence as they made 12 of 14 free throws to finish the victory. UTA was 34 for 39 from the line, with Dennis making 15 of 17.
Dennis, a junior transfer from Jackson State who is in his first season with the Mavericks, has scored 19, 25 and 32 in the past three games. He had been averaging 14 points per game.
Brian Warren, with 12 points, was the only other player in double figures for UTA (8-11, 4-2 Sun Belt), which has won four in a row.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Kraken unveil new mascot, a troll named Buoy
- Mariners clinch first postseason berth since 2001 on walkoff home run
- Inside the Mariners’ clubhouse for a playoff-clinching celebration 21 years in the making
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- As if these Mariners could clinch a playoff berth with anything other than dramatics
Markquis Nowell scored 21 points with seven assists for the Trojans (7-12, 2-4). Rayjon Tucker scored 15 points and Kamani Johnson contributed 11 points with seven rebounds.