MADRID (AP) — Real Betis’ Benito Villamarin Stadium in Seville will host the Copa del Rey final this season.
The Spanish federation picked the venue Monday over Valencia’s Mestalla Stadium for the match on May 25.
Real Betis is in the quarterfinals. It drew 1-1 with Espanyol in the first leg. The second leg is Wednesday at the 61,000-capacity Villamarin.
The Copa del Rey final was held in Madrid the last three seasons — twice at Atletico Madrid’s Vicente Calderon Stadium and once at the team’s new Wanda Metropolitano Stadium.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners blow nine-run lead in stunning collapse, lose 13-12 to Royals
- No. 18 Huskies overwhelm Stanford in 40-22 rout to stay undefeated
- The Huskies have already washed away bad taste of last season. The wins — and good vibes — are back.
- 'C---’d it': WSU's letdown loss to Oregon brings a familiar feeling for Cougs
- Maybe the Seahawks' season isn't over, but it sure is starting to feel that way
Barcelona’s Camp Nou was the host in 2015, and Mestalla held it in 2014.
Barcelona is the four-time defending champion. It will host Sevilla on Wednesday to try to reverse a 2-0 first-leg loss from last week.
Real Madrid has a 4-2 advantage over Girona, while Getafe started the last eight with a 1-0 win against Valencia.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports