TALAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Justin Ravenel scored 21 points and Kamron Reaves scored 18 points and Florida A&M handed Delaware State its eighth straight loss beating the Hornets 60-47 on Monday night.
Florida A&M has won three of its last five following a five-game losing streak.
Ravenel and Reaves made 14 of the Rattlers 21 field goals in their 50-total attempts. Defensively, FAMU (6-14, 3-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) blocked eight shots and Isaiah Martin blocked three while grabbing nine rebounds. Florida A&M led 25-20 at intermission.
D’Marco Baucum led Delaware State with 15 points on 5-of-8 shooting and Kevin Larkin scored 12 with eight rebounds. The Hornets shot 28.8 percent (17 of 59) from the field. The Hornets (3-16, 0-6) led the Rattlers 41-39 in rebounds and collected 10 steals with Johquin Wiley tallying three while grabbing six rebounds and distributing three assists.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- Seahawks mailbag: Earl Thomas comp picks and what to do about special teams
- Patriots owner Kraft denies charges of soliciting prostitute VIEW
- Five things to know about Husky great Myles Gaskin entering the NFL combine
- Mariners score court victory to have Lorena Martin discrimination case heard in private arbitration