ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Texas Rangers have acquired right-handed pitcher Luke Farrell on a waiver claim from the Los Angeles Angels.
Texas also Friday signed right-handers Adrian Sampson and Rafael Montero to minor league contracts with invitations to major league spring training.
Farrell, the son of former big league manager John Farrell, went 3-4 with a 5.17 ERA in 20 appearances (two starts) for the Chicago Cubs last season before the Angels got him on a waiver claim Sept. 3. He never pitched for Los Angeles before being designated for assignment by the Angels last month.
Kansas City selected Farrell in the sixth round of the 2013 draft out of Northwestern. He has made 30 major league appearances the past two seasons with the Royals, Cincinnati and the Cubs.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks mock draft: A post-Frank Clark projection of how the draft might unfold for Seattle
- Seattle had its greatest NBA moment since Sonics left when Damian Lillard waved 'goodbye' to OKC | Matt Calkins
- Observations from the UW Huskies' 13th practice of spring football
- Felix Hernandez gives vintage performance vs. Padres — and Mariners give him vintage run support VIEW
- Seahawks solve one problem but create another by trading Frank Clark to Chiefs | Larry Stone
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/tag/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports