ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Texas Rangers have acquired right-handed pitcher Luke Farrell on a waiver claim from the Los Angeles Angels.
Texas also Friday signed right-handers Adrian Sampson and Rafael Montero to minor league contracts with invitations to major league spring training.
Farrell, the son of former big league manager John Farrell, went 3-4 with a 5.17 ERA in 20 appearances (two starts) for the Chicago Cubs last season before the Angels got him on a waiver claim Sept. 3. He never pitched for Los Angeles before being designated for assignment by the Angels last month.
Kansas City selected Farrell in the sixth round of the 2013 draft out of Northwestern. He has made 30 major league appearances the past two seasons with the Royals, Cincinnati and the Cubs.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- 'The future of basketball' plays at Federal Way High School. His name is Jaden McDaniels.
- Not allowing a basket for nearly half the game, UW makes Utah latest victim of swarming defense VIEW
- 'I'm in a way better spot': Back with Mariners on minor-league deal, Dustin Ackley is hopeful, and realistic
- The Huskies have returned to prominence in the Pac-12, and so has the roar on Montlake
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/tag/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports