ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Texas Rangers have acquired right-handed pitcher Luke Farrell on a waiver claim from the Los Angeles Angels.
Texas also Friday signed right-handers Adrian Sampson and Rafael Montero to minor league contracts with invitations to major league spring training.
Farrell, the son of former big league manager John Farrell, went 3-4 with a 5.17 ERA in 20 appearances (two starts) for the Chicago Cubs last season before the Angels got him on a waiver claim Sept. 3. He never pitched for Los Angeles before being designated for assignment by the Angels last month.
Kansas City selected Farrell in the sixth round of the 2013 draft out of Northwestern. He has made 30 major league appearances the past two seasons with the Royals, Cincinnati and the Cubs.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Impressions from the Seahawks' 25-19 preseason loss against the Minnesota Vikings | Analysis WATCH
- UW Huskies back in contention for Sav'ell Smalls after 5-star LB from Kennedy Catholic releases top 6
- Shaquem Griffin, an inspirational NFL story, might be on the bubble to make the 2019 Seahawks roster | Larry Stone
- Seahawks notebook: DK Metcalf to have knee surgery Tuesday, Marquise Blair leaves with back spasms WATCH
- Takeaways from Chris Petersen: Two defensive players go down, and could UW play multiple QBs?
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/tag/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports