ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Ed Polite Jr. scored 16 points on 7-of-10 shooting and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Radford to its sixth straight win, 71-63 over UNC Ashville on Saturday.
The Highlanders (13-6, 5-0 Big South) had a 61-45 lead with 7:22 left before the Bulldogs (2-17, 0-5) went on a 14-3 run. Polite end the surge with a 3-point play with 1:34 to go, pushing the lead back to 67-59. Caleb Tanner followed with a 3-pointer to get the spread back to double figures with less than a minute remaining.
Radford shot 51 percent but was only 12 of 21 from the foul line and had 16 turnovers.
DeVon Baker scored 26 points for Asheville, which has lost seven straight.
Most Read Sports Stories
- 'You mean the nicest guy in camp': Evan White is the future at first base for the Mariners
- Bobby Wagner remains a constant at linebacker for Seahawks but there could be a lot of change elsewhere | 2019 position analysis
- Co-defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake staying at Washington, with a smile on his face | Matt Calkins
- For the Pac-12, the road to the NCAA tournament goes through Washington
- Three impressions from UW's 72-70 win at WSU: Huskies are close to locking up the Pac-12 title WATCH
Radford took a 37-36 lead in the series.