ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Ed Polite Jr. scored 16 points on 7-of-10 shooting and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Radford to its sixth straight win, 71-63 over UNC Ashville on Saturday.
The Highlanders (13-6, 5-0 Big South) had a 61-45 lead with 7:22 left before the Bulldogs (2-17, 0-5) went on a 14-3 run. Polite end the surge with a 3-point play with 1:34 to go, pushing the lead back to 67-59. Caleb Tanner followed with a 3-pointer to get the spread back to double figures with less than a minute remaining.
Radford shot 51 percent but was only 12 of 21 from the foul line and had 16 turnovers.
DeVon Baker scored 26 points for Asheville, which has lost seven straight.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sources: UW Huskies junior Jacob Eason wins starting quarterback job
- With QB job apparently his, Jacob Eason gets chance to take UW Huskies to new level | Larry Stone
- Jacob Eason is the starter ... but UW QB Jake Haener will also play in Huskies' season opener
- Analysis: Seven Seahawks with a lot on the line Saturday against the Chargers
- Jim Zorn isn't afraid of new challenges — he relishes them. That's why he's XFL Seattle's new coach and GM.
Radford took a 37-36 lead in the series.