ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Ed Polite Jr. scored 16 points on 7-of-10 shooting and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Radford to its sixth straight win, 71-63 over UNC Ashville on Saturday.
The Highlanders (13-6, 5-0 Big South) had a 61-45 lead with 7:22 left before the Bulldogs (2-17, 0-5) went on a 14-3 run. Polite end the surge with a 3-point play with 1:34 to go, pushing the lead back to 67-59. Caleb Tanner followed with a 3-pointer to get the spread back to double figures with less than a minute remaining.
Radford shot 51 percent but was only 12 of 21 from the foul line and had 16 turnovers.
DeVon Baker scored 26 points for Asheville, which has lost seven straight.
Most Read Sports Stories
- What to watch for when No. 8 Washington hosts Cal in its Pac-12 opener, plus Mike Vorel's prediction
- Ten games remain, but playoffs start for Mariners on Friday night
- Mariners' latest playoff odds following series-opening loss to Rangers
- Seahawks didn't ask Jason Peters to mentor their O-line, that's just what he does
- Mariners Extra: 10 things to watch for in the final 10 games
Radford took a 37-36 lead in the series.