DETROIT (AP) — Andre Drummond left Detroit’s game against Miami on Friday night with a nasal injury after he was hit in the face by an opponent’s arm.
James Johnson of the Heat caught Drummond in the face in the first half, and the Detroit big man left after playing only 7:14. Drummond is not expected to return.
Ish Smith, a backup point guard for Detroit, also left because of adductor tightness. Smith was in his third game back after missing 19 because of a right adductor tear.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners playoff times announced for wild-card series in Toronto
- M's sweep Tigers in doubleheader, set playoff date at Toronto
- Mariners history quiz: Test your knowledge of Seattle's playoff drought
- UW men's basketball team lands four-star 2023 recruit Wesley Yates III
- Can Geno Smith play his way into a permanent role with the Seahawks?
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports