ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Jalen Pickett scored 18 points and Siena held Manhattan to its lowest output of the season in a 53-40 win on Saturday night.
The Saints (9-11, 4-3 Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference) led 23-17 at the half and shot 56.6 percent in the second half to turn back the Jaspers (4-16, 2-4).
Tyler Reynolds led Manhattan with 12 points.
Siena has won three straight and Manhattan has lost three straight.
Most Read Sports Stories
- John Stockton’s defiance of COVID-19 mask mandate forces Gonzaga to suspend Hall of Famer’s season tickets
- Pittsburgh LB and team captain Cam Bright announces graduate transfer to UW Huskies
- Superstar Breanna Stewart leaving Seattle in free agency would send the Storm back to mediocrity
- Mariners mailbag: What could M's get for Taylor Trammell, Luis Torrens or Jake Fraley in a trade?
- New Mexico running back Aaron Dumas announces transfer to UW Huskies
Siena took the lead in with a 14-1 run, opening a 21-11 lead on a Pickett jumper with 2:29 to go in the first half. The Saints made 6 of 13 shots with two 3s while the Jaspers missed six shots and had four turnovers Manhattan went without a field goal for 9 minutes, 54 seconds.
Manhattan never got closer in the second half.
The Jaspers finished at 37 percent shooting with 15 turnovers.
The teams combined to go 5 of 8 from the foul line. The winners were 1 of 2.