FARMVILLE, Va. (AP) — Shabooty Phillips scored 12 of his 14 points in the second half, including a layup and two free throws in the final 28 seconds, as Longwood stretched its home win streak to eight games, defeating UNC-Asheville 67-62 on Thursday night.
Phillips shot 9 for 10 from the foul line.
Isaiah Walton had 12 points and eight rebounds for Longwood (11-6, 1-1 Big South Conference). Jaylon Wilson added 11 points.
Freshman Devon Baker had 14 points and a season-high six assists for the Bulldogs (2-14, 0-2), whose losing streak reached four games. Cress Worthy added 11 points and Donovan Gilmore scored 10.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ranking 16 recent Seattle football coaches — from Don James and Pete Carroll to Tyrone Willingham
- What does the Edwin Encarnacion trade mean for the Mariners? Depends who you ask. | Analysis
- Recently retired UW Huskies linebacker D.J. Beavers: 'I love playing football, but my life comes first'
- Analysis: Breaking down strengths and weaknesses of Washington's competition in the Pac-12 North
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Longwood plays Charleston Southern (6-8, 0-1) at home on Saturday. UNC-Asheville takes on Hampton (5-8) on the road on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com