FARMVILLE, Va. (AP) — Shabooty Phillips scored 12 of his 14 points in the second half, including a layup and two free throws in the final 28 seconds, as Longwood stretched its home win streak to eight games, defeating UNC-Asheville 67-62 on Thursday night.
Phillips shot 9 for 10 from the foul line.
Isaiah Walton had 12 points and eight rebounds for Longwood (11-6, 1-1 Big South Conference). Jaylon Wilson added 11 points.
Freshman Devon Baker had 14 points and a season-high six assists for the Bulldogs (2-14, 0-2), whose losing streak reached four games. Cress Worthy added 11 points and Donovan Gilmore scored 10.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Could Russell Wilson and the Seahawks consider the uncommon contract path of Tom Brady? | Matt Calkins
- Edgar Martinez, legendary Mariners DH, overcomes odds to make Baseball Hall of Fame in final attempt WATCH
- Tosh Lupoi's departure from Alabama could be Pac-12's biggest recruiting coup of the year
- Mariners acquire Reds infield prospect Shed Long as part of three-team trade with Yankees
- The moment has arrived: Edgar Martinez awaits Hall of Fame call — and it’s looking good
Longwood plays Charleston Southern (6-8, 0-1) at home on Saturday. UNC-Asheville takes on Hampton (5-8) on the road on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com