PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Aaron Nola of the Philadelphia Phillies has lost his no-hit bid against Toronto with two outs in the seventh inning.
Russell Martin grounded a tying single through the left side to spoil Nola’s try Saturday.
Nola was pulled after that. He threw 113 pitches, matching a career high. Nola struck out 10 and walked two at Citizens Bank Park.
The game is tied at 1.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Jon Wilner projects the 2022 Pac-12 North and South division football races
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Seahawks DC candidate list up to 4 as they reportedly request to interview Joe Whitt Jr.
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust