PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Aaron Nola of the Philadelphia Phillies has lost his no-hit bid against Toronto with two outs in the seventh inning.
Russell Martin grounded a tying single through the left side to spoil Nola’s try Saturday.
Nola was pulled after that. He threw 113 pitches, matching a career high. Nola struck out 10 and walked two at Citizens Bank Park.
The game is tied at 1.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What to make of Seahawks' 2019 draft with L.J. Collier gone
- Seahawks release DT Al Woods as they continue to reshape defensive line
- Mariners' Cal Raleigh chases dreams one grueling workout at a time VIEW
- Why a Bobby Wagner-Seahawks reunion would make sense
- NFL mock draft roundup: How Seahawks' moves in free agency will affect draft