NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The New Orleans Pelicans say Anthony Davis has a sprained finger that is expected to sideline him up to two weeks.
The star forward hurt his left index finger during the fourth quarter of Friday night’s 128-112 loss at Portland.
The Pelicans have lost three of four to drop to 21-15, four games behind the Los Angeles Lakers for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference entering Saturday.
New Orleans next faces Memphis on Monday night to conclude a five-game road trip. New Orleans has four games next week and a total of seven during the two weeks Davis could miss.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Michigan defensive line twins Armon, Jayvon Parker announce dual commitments to UW Huskies
- Seahawks position review: Russell Wilson is still the Seahawks quarterback for now. But who will be behind him?
- Born with a club foot, Edmonds ice dancer Jean-Luc Baker defied the odds and is ready for his first Olympics
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
More AP NBA: www.apnews.com/NBA and www.twitter.com/AP_Sports