WASHINGTON (AP) — Mark Gordon scored 22 points and hit 5 of 7 3-pointers, Wali Parks scored 10 points, including nine straight in a game-changing 11-2 run in the final 2:01, and Bethune-Cookman beat Howard 71-63 on Saturday.
Cletrell Pope scored 13 points and grabbed 12 rebounds for his ninth double-double for the Wildcats (6-10, 1-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who held the Bison to 31-percent shooting and led 36-30 at halftime.
Gordon’s dunk put the Wildcats up 55-45 midway through the second half, but the Bison scored six straight and led 61-60 on Chad Lott’s jumper with 2:51 left. Parks hit a go-ahead dunk, a layup, a 3 and made two free throws for a 69-61 lead and Armani Collins iced it with two more from the line after a layup by Howard’s RJ Cole.
Cole scored 20 for Howard (7-10, 1-2), Lott added 14 and Charles Williams had 11.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Could Russell Wilson and the Seahawks consider the uncommon contract path of Tom Brady? | Matt Calkins
- Edgar Martinez, legendary Mariners DH, overcomes odds to make Baseball Hall of Fame in final attempt WATCH
- UW Huskies 2019 outlook: What will offense look like with Jacob Eason, Salvon Ahmed in backfield?
- Watch: Mariners great Edgar Martinez gets the call from the Baseball Hall of Fame WATCH
- The moment has arrived: Edgar Martinez awaits Hall of Fame call — and it’s looking good