TACOMA — Zahir Raheem, a 1996 Olympian, continued his boxing comeback at the age of 36 by knocking out Tim Coleman in the second round of the main event at Battle of the Boat 93 at the Emerald Queen Casino.
Raheem (34-3, 20 knockouts) won for the third time since March after being off since 2010.
Coleman (19-4-1, 5 KOs) was knocked down four times in the second round before the fight was stopped.
The weight for the fight was moved to 150 pounds from 143 after Coleman weighed in much heavier than scheduled.
Most Read Stories
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Residents fight Seattle rules allowing apartment developers to forgo parking
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?
- UW's Azeem Victor suspended indefinitely after arrest
Raheem reportedly gained almost 9 pounds to get to the new weight.