A new indoor football team plans to play in Wenatchee's Town Toyota Center beginning next spring.
WENATCHEE, Wash. — A new indoor football team plans to play in Wenatchee’s Town Toyota Center beginning next spring.
Team co-owner and general manager Mark Helm on Monday announced the Wenatchee Valley Venom as the newest member of the American Indoor Football Association. The Wenatchee World reports that the team signed a franchise agreement with the AIFA on Sunday night.
The league has 14 teams. Players will receive about $250 per game, plus a bonus of about $50 if the team wins. An annual operating budget should be about $300,000 to $400,000 plus startup costs for the first year.
Wenatchee will play in a division that includes teams in Utah, New Mexico and Wyoming.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks trade Frank Clark to Kansas City Chiefs for package including 2019 first-round draft pick
- In Seahawks' 'very challenging' situation, here's why it made sense to trade Frank Clark | Matt Calkins
- How a baseball bat helped former Husky Jake Browning improve his NFL draft stock
- Seahawks solve one problem but create another by trading Frank Clark to Chiefs | Larry Stone
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson gifts his offensive linemen $12,000 each in Amazon stock