A new indoor football team plans to play in Wenatchee's Town Toyota Center beginning next spring.
WENATCHEE, Wash. — A new indoor football team plans to play in Wenatchee’s Town Toyota Center beginning next spring.
Team co-owner and general manager Mark Helm on Monday announced the Wenatchee Valley Venom as the newest member of the American Indoor Football Association. The Wenatchee World reports that the team signed a franchise agreement with the AIFA on Sunday night.
The league has 14 teams. Players will receive about $250 per game, plus a bonus of about $50 if the team wins. An annual operating budget should be about $300,000 to $400,000 plus startup costs for the first year.
Wenatchee will play in a division that includes teams in Utah, New Mexico and Wyoming.
Most Read Sports Stories
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- Bench coach Manny Acta defends Scott Servais, Mariners after allegations of racism by Lorena Martin | Larry Stone
- Pac-12 Bowl Projections: Signs still point to Huskies in Rose Bowl
- What's unique about Seahawks QB Russell Wilson's preparation? It starts with his weekly print-outs.
- Introducing, the top 5 Thursday Night Football moments in the Pete Carroll era of Seahawks history