In a new weekly feature every Wednesday, we’ll share a front page of The Seattle Times’ sports section from yesteryear. (scroll down to see page)
Our first step back in time is to Tuesday, May 6, 1975, that includes an interesting note about the NASL Sounders players singing “The Star Spangled Banner” a capella before the 1975 home opener at Memorial Stadium.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks agree to trade DB Ugo Amadi for Eagles receiver J.J. Arcega-Whiteside
- Analysis: With one preseason game done, time to project the Seahawks' 53-man roster
- Analysis: Where the QB battle stands and four other thoughts after the Seahawks' preseason opener
- Mariners give Luis Castillo another tough assignment as he'll pitch opposite Shohei Ohtani
- If Seahawks QB competition remains close, Geno Smith will win job